The Women Enhancing Technology (WeTech) Scholarship and Internship program is a partnership between Juniper Networks that invests in young women to become future leaders in ICT in the United States, Europe, and India.
Four scholarships will be issued to female students at Manipal Institute of Technology, BMS College of Engineering, and PSG College of Technology in the amount of $5,000 each for the 2017 – 2018 school year. The scholarship recipient will also be expected to complete a six month internship at the Juniper Networks office in Bangalore from January to June 2018.
At Juniper Networks, we believe the network is the single greatest vehicle for knowledge, understanding, and human advancement that the world has ever known. Now more than ever, the world relies on high-performance networks. And now more than ever, the world needs network innovation to unleash our full potential.
The center in Bangalore has 2300+ colleagues engaged in core engineering innovation focused on Routing, Switching and Security products. The center also has a substantial presence supporting Finance, IT and Sales. It's a vivid and a vibrant culture that has blossomed over the last 12 years and offers immense and equal opportunities to create and nurture your own career. Our Bangalore center takes pride in the fact that female interns and university hires are an integral part of their growth and success and that women account for a substantial part of our workforce.
The India scholarship eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Applicant must be a current student either at Manipal Institute of Technology, BMS College of Engineering or PSG College Of Technology in her final year of studies
- Applicant must be female.
- Applicant must be seeking a degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
- Applicant must be able to demonstrate leadership potential in their chosen field (one reference letter will be required).
- Applicant must be willing and available to participate in a six month internship at the Juniper Networks office in Bangalore from January to June 2018.
Preference will be given to candidates who:
- Demonstrate financial need
- Have community engagement or entrepreneurial experience
- Demonstrate a desire to make a meaningful difference for women in ICT in India
- Applications open
- Applications closed
- Selection Committee determines award winners
- Award recipients announced and award letters sent; Juniper to work with recipients on internship placements
- Scholarship funds distributed
January - June 2018
- Grantee internship at the Juniper Networks office in Bangalore
The WeTech Scholarship and Internship for University Women in STEM India application is currently closed.