Andrew Heiskell Awards for Innovation in International Education
The Heiskell Awards were specifically created to reward innovation and foster new ideas and new opportunities. A winning initiative does not have to be the biggest or oldest. It should bring new approaches and new resources to bear on addressing a need or taking advantage of a new opportunity. We will showcase winning programs (as well as other finalists and noteworthy nominations) as "best practices".
In selecting winners, the Selection Panel considers the degree to which the program achieves success in some of the following areas. However, not all of these guidelines are applicable to each program.
- Developing an innovative approach
- Addressing a specific need
- Taking advantage of a new opportunity
- Removing barriers or broadening the reach of international education
- Contributing to internationalization on campus
- Demonstrating any documented results
- Developing any public, private or non-profit partnerships
- Cooperating with institutions in other countries
Selection Panel Members 2019
The members of the selection panel for this year’s awards include the following leaders in international education:
Senior Counselor to the President, IIE
Associate Vice President for Global Initiatives, American Association of State Colleges & Universities (AASCU)
Director, International Education Center, Brookdale Community College