Andrew Heiskell Awards for Innovation in International Education
The Heiskell Awards were specifically created to reward innovation and foster new ideas and new opportunities. A winning initiative does not have to be the biggest or oldest. It should bring new approaches and new resources to bear on addressing a need or taking advantage of a new opportunity. We will showcase winning programs (as well as other finalists and noteworthy nominations) as "best practices" for other institutions to use as models in their efforts to internationalize the campus.
In selecting winners, the Selection Panel considers the degree to which the program achieves success in some of the following areas. However, not all of these guidelines are applicable to each program.
- Developing an innovative approach
- Removing barriers or broadening the reach of international education
- Demonstrating strong metrics and documented results
- Developing any public, private or non-profit partnerships
- Cooperating with institutions in other countries