2014 WISE Program for Education Leadership to Prepare Current and Emerging Higher Education Leaders from Developing Countries
The Qatar Foundation’s WISE Program for Education Leadership will hold its fifth annual workshop in Doha, Qatar from November 1 – 3, 2014. The goal of the WISE Program is to enhance leadership skills for new university presidents and emerging higher education leaders from developing countries. Participants in the program fulfill the following criteria:
- The applicant must be a Vice Chancellor, Rector, President or chief executive officer at the university. The applicant must not be a subordinate official.
- The applicant must represent a higher education institution in a developing country
- The applicant must have assumed their current leadership position on or after January 1, 2013
Building upon the successes of the previous four years, the 2014 WISE Program will utilize the expertise of the 2014 Faculty Board to develop a robust and challenging workshop. The Faculty Board is comprised of past and current university presidents, leadership experts, and other experienced educational professionals from around the world. Topics that will be covered during the three-day WISE Program for Education Leadership include:
- Strategic planning
- Designing innovation systems and structures and establishing an innovative organizational culture
- Innovation as a leadership style
- Encouraging creativity and idea generation within the administrative structures
- Removing organizational impediments to innovation
- Implementing systems and structures for idea generation, evaluation, and implementation to create a more innovative organizational culture
- Principles of Leadership and Variety of Leadership Styles
About the WISE Program for Education Leadership
The WISE Program for Education Leadership emerged from the 2009 World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE) as a vehicle to provide first-rate preparatory training and a forum for the sharing of knowledge for educational leaders from throughout the world, especially those who have been newly appointed and are in developing countries. The participants are identified through the networks of WISE and are selected through an application process.
About the WISE Initiative
The World Innovation Summit for Education was established by Qatar Foundation in 2009 under the patronage of its chairperson, Her Highness Sheikha Moza bint Nasser. WISE is an international, multisectoral initiative for creative thinking, debate, purposeful action and empowerment through education. Through ongoing programs and the annual Summit, WISE is a global platform for promoting collaboration and new approaches toward building the future of education. The partners of WISE are International Association for University Presidents, Institute of International Education, and UNESCO.