IIE Andrew Heiskell Awards Eligibility & Selection Criteria
Award Eligibility and Details
- Applications are welcome from current IIENetwork member institutions/organizations from around the world. We encourage new members to join the IIENetwork in order to submit a nomination for the IIE Heiskell Awards. Please note, for the Strategic Partnerships category, at least one of the partnering institutions must be an IIENetwork member. If you are unsure of your organization's membership status, contact email@example.com.
- Nominations will be reviewed by the Heiskell Award Selection Committees in Spring 2022 (March/April), and selection notifications will be sent in April.
- Winners will be showcased on the IIE website, in an IIENetwork Engagement Series webinar, and may be included in IIE publications, such as the IIE Opening Minds blog and the IIENetworker magazine. Winners will be recognized during an award ceremony in the Spring.
IIE seeks submissions that demonstrate the diversity of innovative practices, practitioners, and impact to community. IIE will review applications to confirm eligibility and relevance to the category. IIE will engage an internal and external selection committee with knowledge and experience in the field to evaluate applications based on these additional criteria:
- Level of innovation – this may include use of technology and adaptations to infrastructure, especially given the effects of COVID-19
- Strength of impact and outcomes – this may include addressing systemic issues to advance diversity, equity, inclusion, and access to international education
- Scalability – consideration if the model is transferable or scalable for others to use and adapt