Registration for the 2016 IIE Summit is open! The early bird rate is available until May 16.
The 2016 IIE Summit on Generation Study Abroad will take place on October 23-25, 2016 at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington, DC.
Be part of the movement. Discover and share solutions on reaching our shared vision. Make connections and form new partnerships.
Doubling Study Abroad by 2020. Explore. Exchange. Experiment.
The 2016 IIE Summit on Generation Study Abroad will bring education, government and business leaders and journalists together in Washington, DC for action-oriented discussion on how to ensure international experience is a key part of a 21st Century education and make study abroad opportunities available to all. We invite you to join the conversation, so that together we can learn and share innovative solutions to increase and diversify study abroad participation.
Take a Sneak Peek at the Innovative and Interactive Panel Sessions featured at the 2016 IIE Summit
Theme 1: New Study Abroad Models and Marketing Directions:
- Workforce Development Through Study Abroad: Successful International Internship and Career Readiness Programs
- Education for the Common Good: Creating Deeper Connectings and Meaninful Community Impact
Theme 2: Forging New Partnerships to Advance Your Pledge:
- Using Generation Study Abroad to Enhance Your Strategic International Partnerships
- Same Team, Different Strategy: Faculty and Staff Collaborations to Increase Student Mobility
Theme 3: Commitments that Work: Learning from Innovative Solutions (and Failures):
- Increasing Access to Study Abroad for Students with Disabilities
- Can Virtual Exchange Expand Access and Participation in Study Abroad?
Theme 4: Making the Case for Study Abroad: Using Data to Promote Study Abroad and Change Perceptions:
- Impact of Language Ability and Experience Abroad on College and Career Readiness
- Data-Driven Decision Making: New Approaches to Reaching Key Stakeholders
To date, more than 600 partners from the U.S. and abroad have joined Generation Study Abroad with a bold vision to double the number of U.S. students studying abroad by the end of the decade. The latest Open Doors data showed 5% growth in study abroad, but much more is needed to achieve our ambitious goal.
Learn more about Generation Study Abroad