The deadline for the 2016-2017 cycle has PASSED.
Prospective applicants are also encouraged to make use of the IAF's site to learn more about their mission, grant-making and grantees, and to read their publications if they are interested in applying for the grant in a future cycle.
The materials below are provided for reference only.
2016-2017 IAF Fellowship Application Instructions (98 KB, PDF)
2016-2017 IAF Fellowship Application (785 KB, PDF)
2016-2017 IAF Fellowship Language Evaluation - Complete (154 KB, PDF)
The application includes:
- Personal and Contact Information
- Research Overview
- Academic Background
- A Custom Curriculum Vitae
- A Personal Statement
- Field Research Plan
Applicants also provide:
- Foreign Language Proficiency Report (Native speakers must complete as indicated.)
- IAF Applicant Certification
- Three Academic References
- University Certification
- Letter(s) of Affiliation (at least one for each country of research)
- IRB Approval or Exemption (or letter by applicant with timeline)
- All Graduate Transcripts (including foreign studies)
Written inquiries may be directed to:
Institute of International Education
Attn: IAF Fellowship Program
1400 K Street, N.W. - 7th Floor
Washington, D.C. 20005
You may also email email@example.com or call 202.326.7796.