The GDFP is always accepting applications for the scholar roster; applications must be submitted by July 31, 2019 in order to be considered as part of Cycle 3 projects.
To be eligible for the Greek Diaspora Fellowship Program, a candidate must:
- Hold Greek or Cypriot citizenship, or have been born in Greece or Cyprus;
- Live in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa or the United States;
- Hold a terminal degree in their field; and
- Be employed at an accredited college or university.
Eligible scholars can hold any academic rank; however, postdocs are not eligible.
As part of the application, scholars submit personal statements and information on their academic qualifications, disciplinary expertise and administrative experience. A letter of reference from an administrator at the scholar's current college or university with the position of dean or higher is required.
For the fellowship, the Greek Diaspora Fellow will receive:
- a $150/day stipend
- project materials allowance
- visa costs (where required)
- supplemental health insurance coverage
- round-trip international air travel and ground transportation costs to and from home airport.
Please email GreekDiaspora@iie.org with questions.