Share Your Professional Expertise
Become a professional resource for international participants.
In Washington, we cultivate a pool of experts who periodically volunteer one to two hours of their time to exchange with professional counterparts from around the world.
This is a great opportunity to share your work with a global audience and hear perspectives from abroad.
What is involved in meeting with IVLP participants?
Professional meetings in the Washington, DC metropolitan area are designed as mutual exchanges and opportunities to network and spark conversation. Typically, experts are asked to provide an overview of their work, introduce international participants to their organizations and professional perspectives, and to engage in an exchange of ideas.
Our Washington, DC network includes experts from:
- Federal and local government agencies, such as the U.S. Department of Energy and the U.S. Department of Justice.
- Congressional offices, including House and Senate Committees.
- Academia from local universities, as well as local elementary and high schools.
- Think tank experts that offer a wide range of political and nonpartisan research.
- Nongovernmental organizations and foundations, particularly those with international reach.
- Professional associations and trade groups.
- Grassroots advocacy organizations.
- Private corporations.
- Cultural institutions, ranging from The Kennedy Center to small, local arts organizations.
Have you met with our participants in the past?
If so, please share your experience with us at email@example.com.