March 5, 2018 — Are you a current or past participant of an IIE-implemented program? Show us your best photos along with an impact story! We are seeking photos that show how international exchange connects people and changes lives, careers, and communities around the world for the better. Three winners will receive gift cards worth $300, $200, and $100, respectively! The contest will run from Monday, March 5 to Thursday, April 5, 2018.
Not sure if the program that you participated in counts?
See if your program is IIE-implemented through our Program Finder! At IIE, we work with clients to implement more than 200 international exchange, scholarship, and training programs around the world. Submissions must be from a current IIE grantee or former participant of an IIE-implemented program who completed the program in good standing. Any submission from a person who does not meet these criteria will be disqualified.
We want a well-rounded group of photos with stories that represent the diverse, international scope of our work. We are seeking photo submissions from people from various locations, backgrounds, and academic or professional fields. Photos and text submitted via this contest may be used (as submitted or as edited by IIE at our sole discretion) in our printed/digital publications and social media. Please note that we are not seeking video submissions at this time. We will hold a separate contest for video submissions at a later date.
Three winners will receive gift cards worth $300, $200, and $100! Email notifications will go out by April 18, 2018. Submit your entry by Thursday, April 5, 2018.
What do I need to submit?
All submissions must include both a visual and a short written component.
- Photos: Submissions must include a photo or infographics piece to correspond with stories. We encourage you to be creative in representing your story visually! The only requirement is that you must be able to upload a digital version of this multimedia piece for submission. Please note that we are not seeking video submissions at this time. We will hold a separate contest for video submissions at a later date.
- Find a high-quality photo that illustrates the impact story (photos should be should be 300 dpi, preferably 1600 x 1200 pixels, but not required; third party copyrighted materials not accepted)
- If you are an artist or musician, we also welcome you to submit artwork or music. You can submit a song, painting, or collage that embodies your experience
- Written Description/Caption: Every multimedia submission must be paired with a 250 – 500-word written story on the impact of that experience on your life, work, and/or community. Each written submission must communicate:
- Your name
- The name of your IIE-implemented program or opportunity
- When you participated in your program
- The impact of that experience on you personally, professionally, and/or academically
Consider these prompts when constructing your impact story.
- How has your experience(s) abroad strengthened your academic or career goals? What did you gain specifically from the international aspects of your program?
- How did you go beyond to learn about the host culture (i.e. volunteering, leadership, internship, local activities)?
- Do you or did you work with people you met abroad to create a solution or to advance research that serves other people in a positive way?
- Did your experience help to pave the way for your future accomplishments?
- Were you able to take your insights from abroad and impact your local community at home?
- Visit Media Port
- Create an account using registration code Contest2018
- Log in using the account information you created
- Agree to terms and conditions
- Follow the instructions on the screen for uploading your work. Acceptable file types are jpeg, png, and pdf. The photos should be should be 300 dpi, preferably 1600 x 1200 pixels. Please note that we are not seeking video submissions at this time. We will hold a separate contest for video submissions at a later date
- Begin the upload process. Download the upload instructions here or watch the quick instructional available when you log into Media Port. When your upload is complete, you have officially entered the contest
- Decisions will be made about the winners by April 18, 2018
How will we evaluate your work?
- Submissions must be from a current IIE grantee or former participant of an IIE-implemented program who completed the program in good standing. Any submission from a person who does not meet these criteria will be disqualified.
- Not sure if the program that you participated in counts? See if your program is IIE-implemented through our Program Finder. At IIE, we work with clients to implement more than 200 international exchange, scholarship, and training programs around the world.
- We will confirm that your submission meets the basic format criteria described above.
- We will judge how well your submission demonstrates the impact of international education. We want to see how international exchange opens minds, and enables people to build connections to solve problems together.
- We want to see students, scholars, and professionals who participate in our programs. Our goal is for the viewer to leave with an understanding of the scope of IIE’s work and the impact of the programs we manage.
- It is important your submission shows you in professional and interactive situations that are representative of your IIE program. We are especially interested in photos that show people interacting with each other.
About the Institute of International Education (IIE)
IIE has been a world leader in international education since 1919. IIE works to build more peaceful and equitable societies by advancing scholarship, building economies and promoting access to opportunity. As a not-for-profit with 18 offices and affiliates worldwide, IIE collaborates with a range of corporate, government and foundation partners across the globe to design and manage scholarship, study abroad, workforce training and leadership development programs.