- Candidates must be citizens of Brazil.
- Candidates must be currently attending college or university in Brazil.
- Candidates should have completed 20% but no more than 90% of their required degree in Brazil.
- Candidates must have superior academic abilities and well-rounded personalities. Transcripts should show a consistently high level of performance, indicative of good academic potential.
- Candidates must be proficient in English. Candidates must submit TOEFL score report. IIE's institutional code is 2326. Select undergraduate as the department group.
- Candidates must present official and translated transcripts from an institution recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education.
- Candidates must agree to remain in Brazil for double the number of months that they studied in the U.S. when they complete the Program (an exception may be granted if the student graduates in Brazil and goes abroad for graduate study.)
- Candidates that were admitted in HEI through ProUni or Sisu (Unified Selection System) with grades at ENEM higher than 600 have to present the proper documentation to prove participation in the program.
- Candidates awarded honors/prizes at Jovem Cientista, CNPq Iniciação Cientifica – PIBIC or CAPES PIBID have to present the proper documentation to prove participation in the program.
Candidates should not apply to U.S. institutions independently and can select only one country for their program destination. Candidates who apply to schools on their own or to more than one country will be disqualified.
If you are eligible for the Program, please apply here.