Duration of Scholarships
- Scholarships may be renewed for up to three additional years or until completing your degree, whichever occurs first.
- Renewal of awards are contingent on having at least a U.S. equivalent of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale toward your degree program and continued full-time enrollment in music or music business-related fields of study, and continuation of the program by Sony Music Group.
- Awards are for undergraduate study only.
- Scholarship amounts will range between USD 3,000 and USD 20,000 per academic year for required tuition and mandatory fees to complete students’ degree programs and vary depending on the location of the college/university, the type of college/university (state university, private university, etc.), and the Sony Music Group Global Scholar’s expected financial need.
- Scholarships are intended to assist students as they pursue undergraduate study and are NOT intended to cover all educational expenses. Recipients are responsible for the balance of funding, including tuition and fees, books and supplies, living expenses, and transportation.
- In addition to receiving the scholarship, Sony Music Group Global Scholars may be given other opportunities by Sony Music Group to further their professional development, including unpaid internship or mentorship opportunities.
- Upon acceptance, the Sony Music Group Global Scholars Program will provide a wide range of enrichment programming, including structured events and webinars to connect with SMG industry experts to cultivate an international cohort of future music industry professionals.
Payment of Awards
- Scholarship payments will be sent directly to educational institutions on behalf of students on an annual basis.