Submission of Applications
Thank you for your interest in the Sony Music Group Global Scholars Program. The program is not currently open for applications.
If you would like to be added to our email list for upcoming application announcements, please complete the interest form here.
A complete application must be submitted in English and will include:
- Completed online application form
- A personal statement (up to 3,500 characters)
- An estimate of your expected tuition and mandatory fees to complete your degree programs during the academic year of 2022-2023;
- Two reference letters. The letters must come from non-family members who know you well – for example, a teacher, instructor, professor, employer/work supervisor, scout leader, advisor to an extracurricular club, etc.
- High school transcript/grade report issued by the school (for applicants from the United Kingdom or Commonwealth countries, A level, O level, GCSE, or BTEC results are also acceptable)
- Only applications completed by the deadline will be reviewed. Falsifying or plagiarizing any portion of your application is grounds for automatic disqualification.
Scholarship applicants will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Achievement and potential in music fields
- Demonstrated leadership potential and ability
- Personal character, commitment, and potential in their chosen field of study and future music industry career
- Clearly expressed financial need to support educational goals
- Academic achievement
- Career and academic goals in line with stated scholarship objectives
- Compelling references
Notification of Selection Results
- All applicants will be notified of their application status (successful or unsuccessful) by the end of September.
- The Sony Music Group Global Scholars Program is a competitive program; not all applicants will be selected as recipients.
- Recipients will need to submit verification of their full-time enrollment in an accredited college or university in order to receive their scholarship awards.
- For students in the United States selected for the scholarship, IIE will require that they submit their financial aid package information. Based on the student’s unmet financial needs, IIE will determine the scholarship amount ranging between USD 3,000 and USD 20,000.
- Scholarship recipients who are not able to produce proof of enrollment by the date indicated in the award letter will no longer be eligible and an alternate candidate will be selected.