Only graduate students studying in the US on Fulbright awards are eligible to receive Barsa Scholarships. Fulbright program officers nominate graduate candidates based on need.

Undergraduate students must apply to IIE's Study America Program to qualify for a Barsa Scholarship. IIE Study America program staff nominate eligible undergraduate candidates based on need.

Students must be citizens of one of the following countries:

  • Argentina
  • Brazil
  • Chile
  • Colombia
  • Costa Rica
  • Ecuador
  • Guatemala
  • Honduras
  • Mexico
  • Nicaragua
  • Panama
  • Peru
  • Uruguay
  • Venezuela