The U.S.-Egypt Higher Education Initiative is an investment in Egypt’s future that provides educational opportunities for high-achieving Egyptians to learn skills that will better meet the needs of a 21st century economy. In partnership with the Government of Egypt and the private sector, the U.S. Government will provide thousands of Egyptians with access to higher education opportunities in Egypt and the United States and facilitate strategic partnerships in key fields to strengthen Egypt’s economy.
The Private University Scholarship program seeks to offer comprehensive scholarships in 2017 to up to 69 talented and deserving Egyptian students to obtain undergraduate degrees from Egyptian private universities in fields of studies that are important to Egypt's current and future development. The Private University Scholarship program aims to accomplish the following:
- Identify and empower young women and men who have demonstrated academic excellence, leadership, and involvement in their communities.
- Provide Egyptian students an opportunity to attend private universities.
- Develop and nurture scholarship recipients' leadership potential, skills sets, commitment to community and country.
- Enhance employability and career options for scholarship recipients.
2017 scholarship recipients will attend one of the following private universities in Egypt:
- Arab Academy for Science, Technology and Maritime Transport - Alexandria
- American University in Cairo- Cairo
- British University in Egypt - Cairo