To be eligible for the Richard A. Horovitz Fund for Professional Development, you must:
• Be a citizen of a sub-Saharan African country
• At the time of funding, be a graduate student, researcher or artist in a program at an accredited U.S. university, cultural or artistic institution (on a F or J visa)
• Specialize in the humanities, arts or social sciences
• Demonstrate academic achievement, by transcripts and letters of recommendation from faculty members
• Demonstrate financial need
• Not be currently funded by an established education grant program (for example, a Fulbright grantee could not also be a Horovitz grantee)
One to two new scholarships are usually awarded each year following a review of eligible and complete applications.
Qualified candidates should contact Horovitz@iie.org to request an application.