Women's Enterprise for Sustainability
The Women’s Enterprise for Sustainability (WES) was designed by the Institute of International Education (IIE) and implemented in collaboration with partner organizations across Tunisia from 2012-2018. WES was funded by the United States Department of State.
The Women’s Enterprise for Sustainability (WES) program empowered women-led organizations in Tunisia to operate WES centers as social enterprises. Through these centers, aspiring and established women entrepreneurs gained new skills and networks, launched and expanded businesses, and developed as innovative leaders in their communities.
What did WES accomplish?
- Build the entrepreneurialism and sustainability of local civil society organizations; and
- Develop a network of women entrepreneurs with leadership and practical skills to actively contribute to shaping the future of their country.
Program at a Glance
- 11 WES Centers in 10 regions
- More than 3,000 women trained
- More than 650 businesses launched or expanded
- More than 1,000 job opportunities created
- Business Plan Development
- Financial Education
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Business Management
- Access to Financing
- Targeted Coaching
- Expert Mentoring
- Network of Women Entrepreneurs
- Market Assessment
- Business Model Development