Following the recent broadening of diplomatic dialogue between the United States and Cuba, the Institute of International Education (IIE) held an IIENetwork National Conference Call. This call focused on the future of U.S.-Cuban higher education engagement, opportunities for academic collaboration, and how some institutions are addressing challenges that arise. Speakers discussed current modes of collaboration and the potential to advance new academic linkages and exchanges.
The call was moderated by Allan E. Goodman, President and CEO of IIE. The distinguished participants included:
- Juan Antonio Blanco, Executive Director, Center for Latin American and Caribbean Initiatives, Miami Dade College
- Margaret E. Crahan, Director, Cuba Program, Institute of Latin American Studies, Columbia University
- Daniel Obst, Deputy Vice President, International Partnerships, Institute of International Education
- Lisandro Pérez, Chair of Latin American and Latina/o Studies, John Jay College of Criminal Justice, City University of New York
- Nicholas Townsend, Counsel, Arnold & Porter LLP