Generation Study Abroad International Symposium in Finland
The first Generation Study Abroad International Symposium will take place in Helsinki, Finland, in partnership with the Finnish National Agency for Education (EDUFI) and the Fulbright Finland Foundation, on September 17th to 18th.
The Symposium will focus on U.S.-Europe study abroad opportunities and partnerships, highlighting innovations and solutions that increase and diversify the participation of Americans studying abroad in the region. In addition, our Finnish partners are offering the opportunity to strengthen U.S. and Finnish institutional relationships with a partnership forum and university site visits on September 19.
Learn more about special pricing options for Generation Study Abroad Commitment Partners by contacting email@example.com.
Generation Study Abroad Symposium Highlights (Sept. 17-18, 2018)
- Invited guest speaker Bruce Oreck, Former U.S. Ambassador to Finland
- Roundtable sessions delving into important issues, such as faculty collaboration, program models, experiential learning and work abroad
- International Partnership Building Workshop led by IIE’s experts from the U.S. and European offices
- Academic exchange and professional development opportunities through Fulbright Finland Reception at the U.S. Embassy
Partnership Forum for U.S. & Finnish Institutions with Site Visits (Sept. 19, 2018)
- Hosted by EDUFI
- No additional cost
- Strengthen connections for international partnership
- Site visits to meet Finnish university representatives on their campus in Helsinki
We welcome Generation Study Abroad Commitment Partners, non-commitment partners, faculty and graduate students interested in international education and study abroad to continue the conversation about how to increase, diversify, and communicate the value of study abroad and expand international educational experiences, exchanges and partnerships.
Date: Monday, September 17 and Tuesday, September 18, 2018
Location: Helsinki, Finland