USAID SHERA Kartini Day Celebration
In celebration of Kartini Day, Indonesia’s national day to recognize the contribution of women in society, USAID SHERA will host its second in a series of talk shows that highlights the role of SHERA in shaping science and technology in Indonesia. Specifically, this event will promote the role of women in Indonesia’s science and technology fields by inviting the following notable women to share information about their career paths and promote the important role of women in the sector:
- Dr. Paulina Pannen, M.L.S., Academic Advisor to Minister, Indonesia’s Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education
- Ir. Nada Darmiyanti, M.Phil, Head of the Bureau of Cooperation & Public Communication at Kemristekdikti
- Cissy Kartasasmita, Sp.A.(K), USAID SHERA researcher, Director of the Center for Collaborative Research on Acute Respiratory Infections (CCR ARI), and professor at Universitas Padjadjaran (UNPAD
#USAIDSHERA akan hadirkan perempuan-perempuan hebat yg mendedikasikan hidupny untuk riset dan iptek. Hadiri talk show “Indonesia’s Women in Technology & Science” di @atamerica Selasa 24 April 2018 pukul 14.00-16.00 WIB @usaidindonesia @kemristekdikti pic.twitter.com/g8Fl1jM4O4— USAID SHERA (@PenelitianSHERA) April 11, 2018
USAID/Indonesia will share how the agency supports gender equality through their projects in Indonesia. The event will be moderated by Moekti P. Soejachmoen Ph. D, Head of Mandiri Research Institute and the first woman in this position. There will be a Q&A session for audience members to engage directly with the presenters. Audience members will include students from technical science fields, as well as university staff, research enthusiasts and the media.
This event will be held in Jakarta at the U.S. Embassy’s American cultural center, @america, on April 24.
Pacific Place Mall 3rd Floor #325
Jendral Sudirman Kav. 52-53
Central Jakarta, 12190
No registration or RSVP is needed!
- 13.30 –14.00 Participants & Speakers gather in the hall (30 mins)
- 14:00 –14:05 Introduction from @america (5 mins)
- 14.05 –14.10 Opening from Kemristekdikti & USAID/Indonesia (5 mins)
- 14.10 –14.15 Introduction to USAID/SHERA (5 mins)
- 14:15 –14:30 From BioTech Researcher to Kemristekdikti Official (15 mins)
- 14.30 –14:45 Experience & Contribution in Medicine & Research (15 mins)
- 14.45 –14.50 Comments from USAID/Indonesia (5 mins)
- 14.50 –15.05 Q&A from Moderator Moderator (15 mins)
- 15.05 –15.20 Q&A from audience (15 mins)
- 15:20 –15:25 Photo Session (5 mins)
- 15:25 –15:35 Quiz for audience (10 mins)
- 15.35 –15:40 Closing (5 mins)