In collaboration with Egypt’s Ministry of Education (MOE), STEP provided the following assistance interventions:
- Four-month technical assistance to the Early Grade Reading Unit at the Ministry of Education (2014).
- Youth and Adult Literacy Assessment (in collaboration with the Ministry of Education and the Adult Education Authority) (2015).
- Mid –term evaluation Assessment of USAID funded Career Development Centers at Egyptian public universities (2015).
- Early Grade Learning (EGL) – Training of Master Trainers, Coordinators, Supervisors and Principals of Early Grade Reading (EGR) and Early Grade Mathematics (EGM) nationwide. STEP directly trained 1,097 participants. As a result of this program, approximately 170,000 EGL teachers received training through a cascaded model. This assistance began in June 2015 ending May 31, 2016.
- Viral Hepatitis prevention and control training workshops for the Egyptian Ministry of Health (in collaboration with the US Center for Disease Control) (2015).
- Participation of Ministry of Health officials in the Annual Universal Health Coverage Financing Forum in Washington, D.C. (2016).
Democracy & Governance:
- Assessment of local organizations working in the field of GBV and/or VAW, 2015.