Applications will be evaluated on the basis of the following criteria:
- Student or Scholar has appropriate qualifications, skills and language ability to perform the activities described in the proposed project.
- The proposed project is well-designed, feasible, and goals can be accomplished in the proposed timeframe.
- Proposed project has potential positive impact in terms of China/Hong Kong SAR (China) and U.S. academic or professional collaboration.
- Project suggests potential for long-term engagement between the China/Hong Kong SAR (China) and U.S.
- Student or Scholar demonstrates cultural sensitivity and flexibility.