Eligibility and Selection
Applicants to the GE STAR Aerospace Children of Employe Scholarship Program must meet the following criteria as of the award announcement (late-April 2024).
- The birth child or adopted child of an eligible GE Aerospace employee; a stepchild who lives with an eligible employee; or another child who lives permanently with an eligible employee, depends solely on that employee for support, and for whom the employee or his/her spouse is the court-appointed permanent guardian; and
- Currently enrolled at the highest level of studies available at the higher/upper secondary school level in a public, private, or parochial school (or equivalent of a high school senior, including students who are home-schooled). (For non-US applicants, please see specific link for your country on the FAQ page); and
- Enrolling for the first time in post-secondary education – a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited four-year college or university; or an accredited community college or vocational-technical school.
Note: If your first enrollment in post-secondary / university study will be during the calendar year 2024, apply now for the upcoming competition. If your first enrollment in post-secondary / university study will be during the calendar year 2025, you should apply for the 2025 competition, which is tentatively scheduled to be announced in December 2024.
If you are applying from outside the US, please refer to the country-specific links on the FAQ page.
The selection process consists of four general categories:
- US students in 2 YR category
- US students in 4 YR category
- Non-US students in 2YR category
- Non-US students in 4 YR category
Each student is evaluated within his/her individual country’s education system and assessment structure.
All applications are reviewed by independent committees organized by IIE. GE employees do not participate in any portion of the review process.
IIE will notify all applicants of their status via email. Notification letters will be sent electronically to the email address entered in the application form. Letters will be emailed by the end of April by IIE, not GE Aerospace.
ALL DECISIONS ARE FINAL. APPEALS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.