To be considered for this IIE scholarship you must:
- Be displaced from your home country because of war, armed conflict, persecution, and/or threats to your personal safety in your home country. Refugees, asylum seekers, and individuals who meet the refugee convention definition, even if they don’t have official refugee status, are eligible to apply.
- Meet the pre-requisites for intended course of study. Please check requirements for pre-requisites on the edX website of your selected MicroMasters® Program
- Be proficient in English as all courses will be taught in English.
- Have the appropriate technology (computer or appropriate mobile device) and a reliable internet connection.
- Be willing to share their email address with 2-5 scholarship recipients pursuing the same program of study.
- Agree to participate in a 1-hour mandatory program orientation in February 2023, and a 2-day virtual leadership program, scheduled (tentatively) for summer 2023.
In addition to the above eligibility requirements, applicants will be selected based on their ability to explain the following:
- How their academic and/or professional qualifications will support the completion of the chosen MicroMasters® program.
- How the chosen program will help them meet their future professional and personal goals.