If you are studying at, or applying to, a Ph.D. program in macroeconomics, finance, public finance, monetary economics, international economics, international trade, poverty Issues, political economy, or econometrics at a university outside of Japan, the Japan-IMF Scholarship Program may be right for you.
IIE is currently accepting applications through our online application system at: https://apply.iie.org/japanimf
Please be sure to complete all requirement before the application deadline on November 30, 2020.
Applications must be submitted online at: https://apply.iie.org/japanimf
A complete application must be in English and include the following:
- Application form
- A personal statement of no more than 500 words, primarily focusing on the applicant’s career goals and interest in working as an IMF economist.
- All post-secondary school transcripts
- 2 letters of recommendation: to be submitted electronically, by 2 different referees.
- GRE and TOEFL test scores: Scores should be entered into the online application, IIE does not require you to upload the score report document.
- A scanned digital copy of an application to a doctoral program (if not yet accepted to or attending a program).
All of the above documents can be submitted via the online application.
Tips for Completing the Online Application
- Record your email address and password. You can log in and out of the application as frequently as you like.
- You do not need to complete the application in one sitting. However, there is a 40-minute "time out" function. Save your application frequently.
- You can copy and paste information into all text boxes.
- In the text boxes, you must limit your responses to the space provided. Information that exceeds the space provided will not display or print.
Contact us at: Japanimfscholarship@iie.org