February 17 – 19, 2019 | Grand Hyatt Hotel, New York, NY
Coinciding with a celebration of IIE’s Centennial, the IIE Summit 2019 explored, examined, and addressed critical issues for the future of international education. At a time of great change in the field of international education, the Summit convened change-makers from across all sectors to address the joint-issues facing the industry and determine the future of international education for the next 50 years, specifically centered around these primary themes:
- Student Mobility: How do we create opportunities and support systems that strengthen student mobility in both directions and strategically increase participation while preparing students to enter the global workforce?
- Access & Equity: How can we develop programs and services that make an international experience accessible and equitable for a broader population?
- Scholars & Innovation: What is the role that scholars and faculty play in advancing curriculum development, fostering international opportunities, integrating industry, and driving internationalization of the campus?
- Higher Education in Emergencies: What are the successful approaches and strategies for supporting students and scholars who have been displaced from their home country due to violence, political persecution, or other emergent circumstances?
- International Partnerships: How do we create a future where comprehensive and innovative international partnerships are at the core of how higher education institutions, government, industry, and the non-profit sector work together?