This page provides detailed instructions for completing the Freeman-ASIA scholarship application for summer 2016. It is important that you read this information carefully in order to understand the application requirements and procedures.
The summer 2016 student application deadline is March 1st, 2016
Potential applicants should:
- Review the Freeman-ASIA eligibility requirements to ensure they meet all the requirements to apply.
- Identify a Study Abroad Program in East or Southeast Asia that qualifies them for a Freeman-ASIA Award. Please note, the program must be approved by the host institution.
- Meet with their campus Study Abroad Advisers and Financial Aid Advisers to obtain support for their Freeman-ASIA Application.
- Study Abroad Advisers will submit an endorsement of the proposed study abroad program.
- Financial Aid Advisers will submit a certification of the financial need for the student to participate on the program.
- Complete the on-line Freeman-ASIA Application by the student deadline.
- Follow up with their Study Abroad and Financial Aid Advisers to ensure that both advisers have received their Freeman-ASIA application certification and endorsement request E-mail.
- Check with their Study Abroad and Financial Aid Advisers to ensure that their endorsement and certification, which are required components of the application, have been submitted to IIE by the adviser deadline. All endorsements must be submitted online through the online application portal.
- Submit the online summer 2016 program application by March 1, 2016, and ensure advisers submit their endorsements for summer program applications by March 8, 2016.
Completing the Freeman-ASIA Application
To be considered for an award, all applicants must submit an application via Embark. When you register your Embark account, you will receive an email confirming your registration. Please read the Embark application instructions carefully as you navigate the application. In addition, please be aware of the following details and requirements:
- The Freeman-ASIA application does NOT require academic recommendation letters, nor are such letters accepted. However, you application must be certified by both your Study Abroad Adviser and Financial Aid Adviser.
- You must register your Study Abroad and Financial Aid Advisers using the recommendations portal of the Embark application. However, please note that they will not be submitting academic recommendations, but are reviewing specific sections of your application for accuracy and completeness. Both advisers will be able to view your entire application.
- Your Study Abroad Adviser will be reviewing the information you have provided about your study abroad program, and will input corrections to your responses if necessary before endorsing your application.
- Your Financial Aid Adviser will be reviewing the information you have provided about your financial aid status and needs, and will input corrections to your responses if necessary before certifying your application.
- If your Study Abroad and Financial Aid Adviser are the same individual, please use the dual adviser option in the Embark application. Do NOT submit two separate registrations.
- You are required to upload in PDF form an unofficial transcript from your current institution, as well as unofficial transcripts from any prior institutions you have attended since high school.
- No hard copy materials are required as part of the Freeman-ASIA application; the application is completed entirely online.