Open to Project Requests from any academic discipline. This is the standard model of the Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship Program.
Opportunity for program alumni to do another stay at their initial host institution. Alumni can also collaborate with new institutions.
Two host institutions submit one project request for activities to be completed in one visit.
- Project requests are specifically encouraged that demonstrate collaboration among new and more established universities.
- Collaborations among universities and research organizations are eligible.
- Letters of support are required from all participating institution.
One institution can submit a project request for a group of two or more scholars to collaborate on one project.
- Each scholar must submit an application and a letter of recommendation from their home institution.
- Scholars can be in the same fields of study, but it is recommended that they have different subfields of expertise.
- Cohorts can be of any size, but a clear justification for the presence of each scholar should be outlined in the project.
- Scholars in a cohort can come from different institutions in the U.S. or Canada.
Scholars are able to make two separate visits to a host institution to work on a single project.
- Project requests should include a clear justification for the flexible model as well as workplans for the time between the two visits.
- Each visit of the flexible fellowship should be at least 14 days, and the combined length of both visits should not exceed 90 days.
- The CADFP will cover costs for the fellow's first roundtrip ticket to the host institution. However, the second roundtrip ticket must be funded by the scholar's home institution or the host institution that submitted the project request.
- The letter of support from the host institution and the letter of recommendation from the scholar's institution should note that the project will be conducted over two visits. The institution covering the cost of the second roundtrip ticket should mention this in their letter.
- Both visits must be completed by August 31, 2021.
Questions about the variety of fellowships supported by the CADFP should be sent to email@example.com.