Eligibility and Preference
The scholarship eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Applicant must be female.
- Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Applicant must be able to communicate in English.
- Applicant must be a current undergraduate student at a participating university in her second or third year of studies.
- Applicant must be seeking a degree in engineering, computer science, or other ICT related studies.
- Applicant must be able to demonstrate leadership potential in her chosen engineering or ICT field (reference letters are required).
- Applicant must be willing and available to participate in a virtual mentorship for a period of six months beginning from April to September 2019.
Preference will be given to candidates who:
- Have an excellent record of academic achievement (GPA).
- Demonstrate leadership ability through work experience, volunteer experience, community, and academic activities. Of interest are applicants who have:
- Contributed to coding clubs or associations on campus,
- Participated in campus‐run coding competitions, or
- Express an openness to a mentoring opportunity from an expert in a tech‐related field.
- Accomplished relevant projects and research, clearly outlined in a CV.
- Participated in inter/intra‐college technology festivals.