The Women Enhancing Technology (WeTech) Qualcomm Global Scholars program is a partnership between the Institute of International Education (IIE) and Qualcomm that invests in young women and future leaders in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
WeTech believes that providing young women university scholarships for degrees in the technology sector has tremendous impact on their retention and success rate in their chosen field, at a time when the global tech industry desperately needs more women educated, trained and entering into tech careers. Combining this financial support with a 6-month structured mentorship program will also enable these women to connect with professionals working in the field who can provide them with valuable advice, guidance, and support to ensure their success as they enter into technical careers after graduation.
Scholarships will be issued to university students from eligible universities in India in the amount of $2,500 for the 2018 school year. The scholarship recipients will also be expected to complete a 6-month virtual mentorship from March through August 2018. Scholars will be connected with experienced mentors from Qualcomm. Upon successful completion of the virtual mentorship students will receive an academic scholarship to assist with the cost of undergraduate education.
- Applicant must be female
- Applicant must be a citizen of the participating country
- Applicant must be able to communicate in English
- Applicant must be a current undergraduate student in her second, third, or fourth year of studies, OR a graduate student at an accredited university in the participating country
- Applicant must be seeking a degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering/Science, Communication Engineering, and Industrial Engineering
- Applicant must be able to demonstrate leadership potential in their chosen field (reference letters will be required)
- Applicant must be willing and available to participate in a 6-month virtual mentoring program from March to August 2018
November 15, 2017
- Application opens
January 16, 2018
- Application deadline
January 23, 2018
- Recommender deadline
- Award winners announced
- 6-month virtual mentorship
The 2018 WeTech Qualcomm Taiwan Global Scholars Application is currently closed.
If you have any questions throughout the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.