At the Institute of International Education (IIE), we believe that when education transcends borders, it opens minds, enabling people to go beyond building connections to solving problems together. Our vision is a peaceful, equitable world enriched by the international exchange of ideas and greater understanding between people and cultures.
IIE’s mission is to help people and organizations leverage the power of international education to thrive in today’s interconnected world.
We focus on work that achieves the following:
IIE develops and implements many of the world’s most effective and prestigious scholarship and training programs.
IIE helps governments and corporations develop an educated workforce and prepare students and professionals to succeed in the global economy.
Promoting Access to Opportunity
IIE provides opportunities to underserved populations, protects scholars and students in danger and encourages teaching and learning across cultures.
IIE By the Numbers
Goals for 2018
- Expand student and scholar mobility and the number of individuals worldwide who participate in international education.
- Drive excellence in the design and management of our exchange and training programs.
- Serve as the leading resource for governments, foundations, universities, and corporations in developing new international education programs.
- Drive thought leadership and advance discussions and action in the field of international education by conducting research and facilitating policy dialogue.
- Measure and communicate program and IIE-wide impact to stimulate learning and program improvement within IIE and the broader field of international education.
- Innovate and scale up IIE products, services, and initiatives to serve even greater numbers from underprivileged, underrepresented, and displaced populations.
- Support our team members so that they can have a productive and rewarding career at the Institute by creating opportunities for personal and professional growth.