China Medical Board
China Medical Board Fellowships: For the last 100 years, the China Medical Board (CMB) has been supporting the development of China's key medical institutions. Since 2008, IIE/Beijing has been assisting the CMB with the management of three fellowship programs: The Distinguished Professor Program; the Faculty Development Fellowships; and the Next Generation Fellowships.
The Institute of International Education (IIE) currently administers three competitions for the China Medical Board:
The CMB Distinguished Professorships Awards offer financial support and academic recognition to outstanding faculty leaders in 13 of China's top medical institutions, helping these universities to encourage and nurture their best faculty.
The CMB Faculty Development Awards offer financial support to professional staff from 23 of China's top medical institutions for international non-degree professionals training in the fields of Health Policy and Systems Sciences. The fellowships are intended to provide mid-career training in these fields for faculty. Training in the clinical or biomedical sciences is not supported by these fellowships.
The CMB Next Generation Fellowships offer financial support to any qualified Chinese citizens resident in China for international Master's degree study in the fields of Health Policy and Systems Sciences. The fellowships are intended to train a new generation of potential leaders in these fields in China. Training in the clinical or biomedical sciences is not supported by these fellowships. Support for Fellows will consist entirely of training abroad in fulfillment of a Master's degree. Fellows apply to a university outside of China for the full course of training, typically of 10-24 months, and the degree would be provided by that university.
NYU Abu Dhabi
The Institute of International Education (IIE) is working in partnership with New York University to identify talented students from around the world to attend New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD). NYU has designed a visionary new model for higher education at the crossroads of the world—Abu Dhabi—combining the best of a research university education with the advantage of a liberal arts, sciences, and engineering curriculum. As one of the world's largest and most experienced international education organizations, IIE is uniquely positioned to conduct outreach around the world on behalf of this paradigm-shifting institution. Our shared vision to shape future leaders and create true global citizens makes this a powerful collaboration.
- This is a full, four year program; students enter through the Abu Dhabi campus, and graduate from the Abu Dhabi campus with a New York University degree.
- B.A. and B.S. degrees are awarded, with majors in both the liberal arts and sciences – including engineering.
- Classes are taught by faculty who are leaders in their fields, with small classes and low faculty-to-student ratios allowing for valuable mentorship opportunities.
- NYU Abu Dhabi students are encouraged to spend up to two semesters at any other NYU site, including New York, Shanghai, Accra, Berlin, Buenos Aires, Florence, London, Madrid, Paris, Prague, Sydney, Tel Aviv, and Washington D.C.
- In every academic major, special focus is placed on issues of global citizenship.
- NYU Abu Dhabi aims to attract the best possible students regardless of financial circumstances. Once a student is admitted, NYU Abu Dhabi makes it a priority to work with each family to make it possible for that student to attend.
Who Should Apply?
NYU Abu Dhabi has a student body that represents the top of the world's talent pool for academic and personal achievement. NYU Abu Dhabi students share a joy for learning across disciplines, an insatiable curiosity about the world, a strong sense of community building, and an intuitive understanding of bridging cultures.
US-China Fulbright Program
IIE/Beijing assists the United States Department of State and the Public Affairs Section, U.S. Embassy-Beijing with the management and implementation of several core components of the U.S.-China Fulbright Program, including:
- The Chinese Foreign Language Teaching Assistant Program
- The Chinese Master's Degree Program
- The Chinese Ph.D. Dissertation Research Program
- The U.S. Researcher Program (encompassing both Student Researchers and Senior Research Scholars)
In our work on these components of the Fulbright Program we provide direct assistance and support to hundreds of applicants and approximately 120-130 nominated Fulbright scholars every grant cycle.
- Visas for the People's Republic of China
- U.S. Embassy Information
- U.S. Citizens' Services Webpage
- Beijing American Center
Scholarships Through HK
The Ford Foundation International Fellowship Program
The International Fellowships Program began in 2001 and is being implemented in 22 developing countries around the world. With a total investment of 375 million U.S. dollars, it is the largest project in Ford Foundation’s history. Through this project, the Ford Foundation hopes to deepen the effect of its investment in higher education over the past half-century.